Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Wedding Quilt: Complete!!!

Well after about 6 months of sore fingers and hands, the wedding quilt is finally finished!! Yay! I did the final wash and dry and went over the quilt to look for any mistakes or things I missed. I won't actually mail it out to Meghan and Don until after the holidays as I want the local family members to take a look at it. They may not get a chance to see it after I send it off to California!

I am really proud of how it turned out. I consider it a bridal quilt, although not one in the traditional sense because it is not white. But this is what the bride wanted and we all know that whatever the bride wants, the bride gets!! This was the first one that I actually designed the entire pattern myself. Normally the wholecloth quilts I have made used a paper template that I traced onto the fabric. This one I used several different designs from books and such, and incorporated it all together into one quilt. I am very please with the results!

A close up view of the border
The center "lovebird" design
A view of the all over quilt
My apologies if the pictures are not that great. I think it had to do with the lighting in the bedroom.

So there it is: only 6 months or so in the making! I loved how it turned out but not really ready to do another one anytime soon!

Now stayed tuned after the holidays for the mother of the bride dress I will be making for myself. No idea yet as to the color or style, but it will be fabulous! I get to wear a hat and gloves, just like the royal family (but without all the crazy family drama!!!)

Happy Holidays all!

No comments:

Post a Comment