Sunday, August 10, 2014

It's another wedding quilt!!!

Well! It has been a while since I posted anything on my sewing blog! Some life changes, a move back East and work has really taken over.

But I am starting a new project and it’s another wedding quilt! My son Connor and his wife Kristen are having their wedding in January so mom has to make a wedding quit! They decided they wanted a more contemporary quilt with solid colors (black and shades of gray). So I have found the following pattern which I thought was going to be not only really lovely, but challenging as well.

I can’t remember where I purchased the pattern directions (it may have been at Keepsake Quilting) but I knew when I saw it that it was exactly what I had in mind. Managed to find all the quilting cotton at local Joanne’s fabrics, although I probably will purchase the backing from Keepsake Quilting online (they have some great 100% cotton backing fabric that is 108” wide.

This is going to look lovely!

Black, gray and light gray!



Stay tuned for updates on how the quilt piecing comes along. In the meantime I am also planning several trips in the coming future and that will be discussed on my travel blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment