Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Finished Three's a Charm Jacket!

Well I finished the Three's a Charm Jacket!

Really happy with the way it turned out. I ended up having to re-take in the waistline area (apparently I have lost more weight than I thought)! But it really was easy and turned out lovely. My plan is to make a matching pencil skirt for a suit type outfit. This way, I can wear the jacket with other things and the skirt with other things- multiple mix and match!

Decorative button on front

Ignore the old dress form!

Snap closure

So I decided to make a snap closure with a decorative button instead of a buttonhole. I didn't like the idea of making a buttonhole to disrupt the lines of the front of the jacket. This solves that problem by still having the nice, pretty button but yet it is closed with a snap. 

Very please with the way it turned out. And stay tuned because I have decided to tackle something that I have never done but always wanted to do. Lingerie! I have a pattern for a chemise/slip/nightgown type of garment and that is up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment