Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Shoes and Gloves. Gloves and Shoes!!

In between the hours spent working on the mother of the bride dress, I have been searching for the perfect gloves and shoes to go with the dress. (And a hat too, but more on that later!)

I initially bought a pair of silver/ gray shoes (shown in another post) that I was unsure of. I only brought them home in the event that I couldn't find anything else. I wasn't really sold on them, however. So the search went on!

This weekend I found not only the perfect shoes but the perfect pair of gloves! Apparently finding gloves to match or coordinate with an outfit is rather difficult. I am about 40 years too late for that!

I found these fabulous gray suede pumps on Zappos. They were exactly what I was looking for! Classic, slightly pointy toe and the perfect gray color. So excited when the UPS man delivered them yesterday! Another bonus: I can wear them for work once the wedding is over!

The perfect suede shoes!



Now on to the gloves! I had been searching the web for weeks to try and find gloves. As well as going into shops, stores, etc. They are really hard to find. And if you do, they tend to be very shiny or "prom-like". Not what I was looking for. I wanted something that would have been worn int he 1950's by a lady on her way to an event. I finally found the most perfect pair of gloves (in gray, no less) on Etsy. They are supposed to be vintage from the 1950's and were fabulous! They are the perfect color to match the shoes, fit my hands, and are of a soft, lightweight fabric. Not sure of the exact fabric, maybe a cotton-poly blend. Not to matter, they were fabulous! I ordered them and even with shipping they were less than $20! Amazing! So excited when then showed up on Saturday!





So there you have it! I have now purchased the gloves and shoes for the wedding! The other pair of shoes I an return as they really were not what I was looking for. Now the problem becomes finding a hat! I am very picky about that and although I plan to keep looking, I may end up making the hat as well. How hard can a simple modified pillbox hat with a veil be??   Famous last words!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment